The Secret Name of God is an epic historical fantasy about the extraordinary events unleashed when a king, a warrior and a wizard join forces to create the best of all possible worlds.
The time is the late 13th century. The place is the kingdom of Crossley Ho situated in northern Europe. The action, which spans fifteen years, also incorporates firsthand accounts of the China of Kublai Khan. The title refers to the ultimate power-word in ancient mystery-religions and reflects the efforts of more than one character to achieve immortality in a culture obsessed with the apocalypse.
Sustained by metaphysical and theological argument, a sense of the miraculous and a brief history of the world, the tale unfolds into a many-sided search for the divine nature of the universe, while the medieval preoccupation with Judgment anticipates the millennial anxieties of our own time.??A strong narrative follows four separate but closely integrated plot lines:
- A benevolent king’s vision for a just, peaceful and abundant world is achieved and then endangered when his scheming chancellor challenges the court to a debate over the true nature of man.
- The king’s brother, having returned from China with sixteen concubines and the teachings and martial arts of his adopted land, juggles Eastern and Western norms to pursue the woman he desires most, a woman too damaged by her losses to recognize the healing power of love.
- A boy struggling toward maturity under the tutelage of a scholarly king, a rampageous knight and a flighty but adoring uncle must find within himself the moral compass to remain good in a world gone bad.
- A wizard’s soul-journey through time, made possible by his possession of the Secret Name of God, punctuates the plot with an outline of world history that ultimately bears witness to the transcendent power of the human spirit.
The Secret Name of God is divided into three parts:
BOOK ONE: PEGASAURUS
Despite the Church’s objection to a world that would have no need for salvation, a medieval philosopher-king’s dream of establishing a truly just and noble society becomes a reality with the help of a wizard’s quest for Immortals and a miracle that could only have come from heaven.
BOOK TWO: THE KNIGHT OF THE WINDY HAND
As the king’s “city on a hill” flourishes, the cultural clash betweenChristendom and Cathay complicates the life of a handsome village priest while multiple romances, ranging from the comic to the courtly to the forbidden, reveal the verve and strength of the supposedly inferior sex.
BOOK THREE: WORLD WITHOUT END
When an alchemist’s satanic spell afflicts the people with a cynical turn of mind that erodes and destroys their benevolent world, their attempt to redeem it leads to high adventure, one supreme sacrifice and a final realization that the fate of the king’s city on a hill will ultimately depend, not on miracles or magic, but on the compassion and forgiveness they manage to find within themselves.
Various diseases can affect the muscles that can slow the flow of blood, lead to erectile dysfunction. Most likely you already read slightly about it. Studies demonstrated, that both men and women suffer from sexual dysfunctions. A lot of health care providers think about “tadalafil“. Certainly it isn’t all. When you get drugs like Viagra you must regard about “tadalafil online“. Other question we have to is “tadalafil generic“. Low self-esteem, venous leak, anxiety, and several medications can reduce your interest in sex. Stress affects all sides of existence including sex drive. Discuss your soundness with your heartiness care vocational to ensure that you can use this medication. The more information you can provide, the better able your physician will be to help.
- The Dutiful Ones - January 30, 2015
- Good Will and Best Wishes to All - December 20, 2014
- Gratitude on Veterans Day - November 11, 2014
- Seven Reasons to Bare Your Soul - September 28, 2014
- 5 Questions (and Answers) for a Memoir Writer - August 24, 2014
- Don’t Be Afraid to Buy This Book - July 8, 2014
- Vermont Hippie Zombies - July 8, 2014
- Why I Write - July 8, 2014
- How does Cialis work? - June 3, 2013
- Let it Be and Let Go - February 12, 2013